Territory of bicycles
Between the Vosges and the Jura, within a stone’s throw from the Alsace, Switzerland and Germany, the Territoire de Belfort has made the most of its pivotal position, revealing a variety of influences. This geographical combination creates varied and changing landscapes that can easily be discovered during cycling tours adapted to the desire and level of each person. The
department is an excellent cycle touring destination, with many kilometres of routes that give the impression of travelling across Europe over less than 610 km2 :
· The Eurovelo6, a European route (Nantes/Budapest, 3600 km) runs through the Territoire de Belfort along the Rhone-Rhine canal.
· The Francovélosuisse from Belfort to Porrentruy (Switzerland), a 40 km cross-border route.
· The Coulée Verte, between Belfort and Montbéliard (25 km), along the Haute Saône canal.
· The Promenade François Mitterrand links Belfort to the Malsaucy peninsula (7 km). For eager sportsmen, continue on the Nord Territoire route to Giromagny at the foot of the Ballon d’Alsace (8 km).
· The Ballon d’Alsace, a historic pass of the Tour de France and a mythical climb for experienced cyclists.